12.30.2008

Suprise!

Are you as shocked as we were? It looks like we are adding another little one to our clan. Completely unexpected but we're starting to feel "comfortable" with the idea of having two kids 13 1/2 months apart! No. 3 is due July 4th, which means we'll probably have the baby the last week of June due to c-section. It's funny because we have a lot of birthdays that week in my family including my mom!

We'll find out the gender on the 14th of January. Ashton really wants a baby sister - I think it's cause his best friend is expecting a sister this spring. I'm ok with whatever since I have my two boys. Aaron thinks it would be fun to have another boy (of course).

Besides feeling more nauseous, tired and moody than ever (maybe b/c I haven't gotten all the hormones from Colten out of my system yet) I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and apprehensive. I have a hard time adapting when things don't go according to "plan," but I'm starting to feel like I can do this and it will be the best in the long run. Aaron is super excited - since this will most likely be our last.

15 comments:

Wendy said...

Congrats! That answered all my questions! How exciting!

Unknown said...

Dear Sarah, I am so excited for you! Of course you (two) can handle it! I am anxiously waiting for the next update/ Hna Miller!!

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

I just wrote on your facebook page, but I can totally relate to you. Maren and Kate are just over 14 months apart. It is a challenge right now, but it will be so worth it and you guys will have such a darling family. Good luck with the pregnancy! I hope all goes well.

Shari said...

Welcome to the world of suprises. Did you know Catherine is the only pregnancy we actually "planned". We might have had more girls if we'd planned better. lol I love having my boys close in age and I love having all the big spaces. I think you just adapt to your situation and you will. Clara and Christian are 13 months apart and Kari and Kelsi are 14 as are Susan and your dad. You have lot's of fine examples before you. :) I can't wait to find out what you are having.

Tina said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! How wonderful Sarah!
I know how overwhelming it can be but what wonderful blessings come from siblings close to one another!
Btw, your blog is darling!
Hang in there sweetie!
This too, will be but a moment. . .

Unknown said...

Congrats we are hoping for a girl for you too!

Geoff said...

Wow! Congrats. Very exciting news. I'm sure it will be a great adventure.

Emily & Geoff

Richard & Analeis said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Congratulations to you guys again! How fun! I can't wait to hear what the baby is.

Michelle said...

Hey, I dunno if you remember me or not Michelle Ratliff. I came across your blog on Gina's. I had to make a comment. I know how you feel totally. My last baby was a surprise which left 15 1/2 months between the last two. It was a total shock for us as well but I would not have it any other way. So Congrats. It is not that bad having them so close. Your middle one will be to busy discovering everything still to bug the baby and your older one will be the helper. I have 4 and they are all close so good luck. My blog is private but if you want to take a peek email me. jamtwilley1@hotmail.com. Love the pages by the way :)

Tiffany said...

congrats!!!!
How very exciting!

Anonymous said...

I am glad I can finally let the secret out!!!It has been killing me not to tell people....YEAH for my first niece on the Jackman Side!!!

Ma Mere said...

I hope its a girl so they won't be quite so competitive. Clara and Christian are best of buddies (most of the time!) The 1st year will be a bit of a blur but after that its fine! I am very happy for you!
~Aunt Tiffany

Brown said...

Sarah - Congratulations - it will all work out!

Mary Ann said...

Congratulations! I am excited for you! What a wonderful blessing!

Teisha said...

Congrats!!!