
I saw this idea on my friends blog - it's a German tradition from the early 1800's. You make this "School Cone" and fill it with school supplies and treats for your kids on their first day of 1st grade...it's so cute that I think it would be a good tradition for the first day of school every year. I think I might even do it for preschool next year - besides it an opportunity to get in touch with our German roots (I always focus on the Irish).


1 comment:
I also saw a similar idea in the family fun magazine but they had the kids leave ther backpacks out the night before the first day and when they woke up their bags were filled with school supplies and a new book to read. It keeps the kids from playing with their new school supplies and losing them and it also gets them excited for school instead of nervous.
Post a Comment